Friday, February 10, 2006

Well Begun is Half Done...

At least, that's what they say. If so, then the gold is as good as mine!

I decided, instead of waiting for the broadcast of the opening ceremonies tonight, to accept Yarn Harlot's designation of 2 p.m. local time as my official start. And there I was, 2 p.m. this afternoon, waste yarn creating a provisional cast-on, and knitting up garter stitch rows on 3 tiny stitches so I could pick up along the ridges, drop the waste yarn and knit up the cast-on stitches, and finally begin!

To allow time for blocking and a little slush for mistakes (which I have vowed not to make), I've set a goal of completing 10% of the shawl on each knitting day. Rose-Kim Knits offers a free shawl percentage calculator (an Excel spreadsheet) that I'm using to track my progress. Today, that means knitting at least the first 48 rows before putting down the needles.

So, that's the report from the Wilton Lace Knitting Track - how's the competition faring over in your field?

Technorati : , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home