Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics, Day Two: Crisis of Confidence

I know, I said I was going to cross-post text . But today's entry is very long, so here's a teaser. To read more, please visit my blog at I Knit Around.

Day Two started well. I began knitting early (shortly after 11 a.m.), and worked steadily throughout the day. By 4:30 p.m., I had made enough progress that I felt good about taking a break, so Gryphon and I went out on some small errands.

I continued knitting after we returned home, and around 7:30 p.m. or so, I had made goal for the day. Plenty of time to gain even more ground, so I kept going.

By 11:30 p.m., I had reached the 75th row. Theoretically, according to the shawl percentage calculator, Kiri was now 25% done.

I looked down at what I had on the needles. 25%? That didn't seem possible. I checked the shawl percentage calculator spreadsheet. Supposedly, I've knit half of all the rows that will ever be in this thing, if I knit it as I originally planned. I could only expect to double the current length and width, at best.

To learn more, and find out what I decided to do about this crisis, please visit I Knit Around.

Technorati : , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home